Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Title Screen


This is the current title screen for my Flash game. It is similar in layout to the original project, but with some changes for the better. I have moved away from the green User Interface of the original to a light blue UI inspired by the new Star Trek. This gives the UI less of a "military" feel and more of a "science" one.

The space station now has windows that "revolve" around the outside. This was a colossal pain because I make the windows with shape tweens, which I have never been strong with. It took me about 2 hours to get that to look halfway decent.

There are also some quick animations for the buttons and other UI interfaces that keep the design fresh and fun. I'm more or less finished with this screen, although I don't like how much smaller the text for "Instructions" is than the rest, so I will need to fix that.

No comments:

Post a Comment